Sunday, May 15, 2011

Until We Meet Again

A man came to see me one day.
A grim and dismal look,
And clad in gray,
He had in place of left hand a hook.

His charcoal eyes, louder than his voice,
Decreed the tragedy to befall.
Weak and cold I had no choice
But to answer his devilish call.

Limp were my limbs, my lips, cold
As November air.
My soul had been sold,
And I made ready to pay the fare.

As he drew me near
And unraveled the thin sheet of my life,
My heart soared with fear
As I thought of my wife.

I lived in a home inhabited by Faith,
Where Love nursed the young,
And kept them safe.
And in this home a song of hope was sung,

Where expectation never died,
And ambition was strong.
When I remembered this I sighed,
For I had waited so long

To see the expectations reached,
And the ambitions attained.
This longing my heart preached,
And to resist the man’s power, my mind maintained.

But hold.
For appeared there,
As the man his parchment did refold,
A nymph, almost bare.

Into a goddess he was transformèd,
Crowned with joy and a jeweled wreath.
Where once was gray, gold was in its stead,
And no longer rotten were her pearl teeth.

As I beheld the gates to paradise,
I was carried through by a beautiful melody.
Nothing more was needed to entice,
For I knew that here I was meant to be.

How long had I waited
With this story to tell,
And yet no details had faded.
The pearl, till now, still in its shell.

For I knew we would once again meet,
And become one, with one single beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment