Monday, May 23, 2011

Leap of Faith

Anxiously waiting for my story to unfold,
Patience running out,
Let the truth be told,
Arms reaching out,
I break free from the mold,
Heat rising up,
I turn my back on the cold

And shout to the Heavens:
“Shine your light down on me,
And I will strive each day
To be what you want me to be.
My heart’s locked up
And only you have the key,
So let Mercy’s rain fall
And finally set me free.”

And the Heavens reply:
“All this time I’ve been here,
Even through your darkest years,
But finally you’ve wakened
And opened your ears.
Now, blind yourself to the follies of sight,
And hold my hand, you have nothing to fear.”

And thus I stride, anxious no more,
For though the road may bend,
I will find its end
And enter His abode,
As long as I reach out to open the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment