Sunday, September 23, 2012

So We Keep Thinking


It’s 2 a.m. and I’m thinking of you
Thinking of me.
When you close your eyes,
Am I what you see?
Does the early Sun wake you only
To greet the day with a brand new dream?
Do you stare blankly at the blank page,
Wishing to fill it with our warm embrace?
Does the heat rise inside you
And flutter in your chest?
Does your breath fall short
As you fall to catch it,
Praying that I’ll catch you?
Do your fingers trace the silhouette
In your mind
As you search for the words
You can’t seem to find
To call me into being?
Does the Sun set,
And take me with him,
Replacing the heat in your heart
With a bitter cold?
Do you fight for me through
The winter storm?
Do you see through frozen tears?
Do you believe you’ll persevere?
The ice begins to melt
And it’s 2 a.m.
Are you thinking of me
Thinking of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment