Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bolts and Jolts


The Sky lit up,
And for half a second
There was Hope.
But the Sky closed
Her eyes
And let loose her tears.
The storm raged on
And the light flickered.

Every drop bled into me
Until I was no longer myself.
I surrendered to her.
I was drenched with Fury,
Fast losing Hope to blindness.

Darkness took over and
I staggered around the walls
In my mind,
Bumping into corners,
Lost in a labyrinth of
Self-pity, of self-doubt,
Bereft of vision,
Bereft of discernment.

As my skin inhaled each drop,
Paranoia tingled through
My pores.
The Shadows that had strangled Hope
Had come to hunt me.

I stopped.
I hid.
I waited.
I waited for the Sky
To open her eyes,
To light up,
If not with Hope,
Then with Fear.

I waited.
She opened.
They came.
I attacked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment