Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Writer's Block

I want to start –
I just don’t know where.
I ask for patience
And wait for the clouds
To clear and
Leave room in the sky
For stars.

Quickly, they multiply,
A constellation takes shape,
But connect the dots, I can’t,
And, somewhere,
All meaning is lost.

I close my eyes and
Search through the corners
Of my mind,
I open every door and
Walk past fear –
I even encounter pride,
But shut her out –
Until I find it,
A memory.

I reach for it,
And hold on tight,
Until my hand begins
To trace it with my pen.
But the image, it changes
When paper it meets,
For time has altered
My perception.
But the past is the past,
And it can’t be changed,
So the paper, I discard,
And back to the start
I go...

This time,
I keep my eyes open,
No matter how long
I have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment