Thursday, July 7, 2011

Five Years Gone

Darkness falls as I await your return,
Anxious for another day to end, for another chance
To see your face, your smile, to hear your voice
And feel your embrace.
How long I’ve wandered astray, fearful of the emptiness
And hesitant to search.
For what could fill the void you left?
What if there is no answer?
What if there is no hand held out nor arms stretched wide?
And so I wait, wait for you to find me,
For you to tell me what questions to ask.
Then, you will give me the answers.
You, who have the power to make me listen.
And so in silence I wait, closing my eyes to the night,
Remembering the answers you gave by the stream,
When last in my sleep our spirits took flight.
How sweet is the night whose stars guide you to my dreams.

I love you, Mimi.
February 7, 1937 - August 9, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment