Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Constant

A vision you were, as joy radiated
From your body and soul,
Touching my heart
And melting the cold,
The remnants of winter past.

Your youthful skin and rosy cheeks
Spoke of love so pure,
In whose arms, once wrapped,
I wished to forever endure,
Having found solace at last.

Softly you whispered,
“Come sit by me, dear”
And, mesmerized,
I gently drew near,
And we sunk our feet into the stream.

The fish, they swam
And tickled our soles,
Hid in crevices and
Flitted through holes,
In a world of which I could only dream.

“See these fish?” you quietly asked.
“Swimming against the current
Is not easy to do.
But, like these fish,
You will make it through.
So follow your conscience,
Your inner voice,
A compass to a happy place,
Guided by patience
And my loving grace.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment